Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Oreo Fudge Cremes

This question was posed to me last week..Are the new Oreo Fudge Cremes good enough to make you shout, "Shut the front door!", like in the commercial?  Before I tell you what I thought of them, you need to know that I am a HUGE fan of the traditional Oreo cookie.  I am not like most Oreo-lovers, though.  While I do eat the cream out of the cookie first, I do it not because the cream is the best part.  I like to save the cookies to eat last, because to me they are the best damn cookie in the world.  I love that crispy texture, and I adore that they are not overly sweet.  That being said, I wasn't really crazy about the Oreo Fudge Cremes.  They were, in my humble opinion, too sweet.  I could only eat two of them.  My sons, ages 12 and 15, gave them an 8 out of 10.  They are VERY rich and sugary, so if you like that, you will love these.  Also keep in mind that I tried the traditional flavor.  I understand that they also come in Mint Creme (which I imagine tastes just like a Girl Scout Cookie...amazing), Peanut Butter Creme, and Golden Creme.  I may try those later, but as for the Fudge Creme Oreos....MEH.  They were okay, but I probably won't buy them again, unless the kids want them. 

Now for the BIG discovery.  Right next to the Fudge Creme Oreos, I found....wait for it....wait for it....yes!!!  TRIPLE DOUBLE OREOS!  OMG!!!  Imagine, if you will, a delicious dark chocolate cookie, topped with traditional Oreo cream.  On top of that, as usual, is another crispy chocolate cookie.  On top of THAT, is a layer of luscious chocolate Oreo cream.  Then add one more chocolate cookie, and you're in Oreo heaven!  It's like a Big Mac sort of Oreo.  AMAZING!  And although they did not have them in my local Food Lion store yet, I have read that these will also come in a Neopolitan variety, with golden cookies, and chocolate and strawberry cream layers.  Why have I not seen commercials for these fantastic confections?  The Oreo marketing execs have dropped the ball on this one.  Whereas I could only eat a couple of the Fudge Creme Oreos, I could have eaten six or seven of these!  They WILL make you shout, "Shut the front door!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment