Friday, June 8, 2012

Budget Saver Monster Pops

Hey Ya'll!!!

I don't know if ya'll have noticed it, but there is a new trend in frozen confections going on right now.  Gourmet popsicles are all the rage, and you can find them everywhere.  Last week, during a nasty heat wave here in North Carolina, I got a hankering for popsicles.  I was in our local Wal-Mart when I spotted a bag of Budget Saver Monster Pops, only $2 for 12 popsicles.  The Lemon-Lime flavor is what caught my eye...it's always been a favorite of mine.  So I took them home and my son and I both grabbed one.  We sat on the couch, bit into them at the same time, and then looked at each other all bug-eyed as the taste hit us.  These things are GOOOOOD!  They're not quite icy, but not quite creamy.  I looked at the bag, and saw that they are "slushed" popsicles.  I don't know quite how they got that great texture, but I am HOOKED!  We polished off the Lemon-Lime bag in a week, and recently went back to Wal-Mart to get a bag of the Cherry-Pineapple varety.  Three words, folks....TO DIE FOR.  They also come in Cherry-Mango flavor.  Haven't tried that one yet 'cause I'm not a big fan of mango, but I'm SURE they're crazy good.  They have 60-70 calories per popsicle, with no fat.  Reasonably priced and super-tasty, Budget Saver Monster Pops are an awesome heat buster at my house! 

Happy Testing!
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Girrrrrrl, you are so right about these lemon lime pops. They're amazing! Cool you off and quench your thirst at the same time and are DELICIOUS! I really think they are the best lemon lime pops I've ever had. I buy two bags at a time. At $1.96 for a bag of 12, they are a real savings. The other flavors aren't available at my local Walmart yet. Guess I'll have to ask. Great post!

    ReplyDelete