Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Seasonal Donuts from Krispy Kreme!

Krispy Kreme has two new doughnuts, ya'll!  Take a look at the Key Lime Kreme Pie Donut and the Glazed Lemon Cake Donut with Cream Cheese Icing!  They're two of the Krispy Kreme seasonal Fruit Stand Flavor Donuts, so they will only be available for a limited time.  As a rule, I love Krispy Kreme's seasonal donuts...to me they seem to be the best of the flavors.  The Key Lime Kreme Pie doughnut is no exception.  It's a traditional yeast donut, not the cake variety that I usually go for.  It's filled with a key lime flavored cream filling, and topped off with white icing and graham cracker crumbles.  Right away I noticed that the filling is much creamier than the usual Krispy Kreme filling.  The traditional pastry combined with the tangy lime filling make for a donut that is both tart and sweet.  Since I'm not a sugar fiend, it was just perfect.  Definitely worth going back for. 

The other seasonal offering by Krispy Kreme is the Glazed Lemon Cake Donut with Cream Cheese Icing.  It consists of a glazed lemon cake donut topped with cream cheese icing and lemon cake crumbles.  I'm a huge fan of lemon cake, so I was delighted by this one.  It was very moist, and very lemony.  The cream cheese icing was just sweet enough, and the lemon cake crumbles added a nice little texture.  The Glazed Lemon Cake Donut with Cream Cheese Icing will definitely satisfy your cravings for a lemony dessert this summer.  But if I HAD to choose just one (and honestly, why would you?), it would be the Key Lime Kreme Donut for me.  But with these two new flavors, you really can't go wrong.  But get 'em while you can.  They're only here until July 8th!
  •       

No comments:

Post a Comment